Saturday, September 13, 2008

Moving on to another job

This post comes a little late, but better late than never! After having spent a little more than a year at SITA, I decided to leave. Just yesterday, I finished my first 2 weeks at Premiere Global.

There were a number of reasons for this transition. I have had a good time at SITA, I like the people I worked with and I learnt a lot from them. The main reason for this move was that I felt like I wasn't challenged enough. I wanted to learn something new, work on something exciting. The projects that I had been working on for about a year were sort of coming to an end, and I guess I wanted a change. It was a little hard to leave since I am emotional and very loyal to the company but everybody understood my reasons to leave. So after a farewell lunch at a hibachi grill and a going away gift (a cute pineapple plant), my last day at SITA was over.

A couple of friends recommended Premiere Global Services (or PGI as we lovingly refer to it) to me. And hopefully vice-versa! I have been wanting to get into working in a web services environment and it sounded like PGI was working on re-designing their eMarketing to use a web-services-based framework. I interviewed with the team a few weeks ago and it seemed to be a good fit.

So here I am - 2 weeks into PGI and loving it! The guys in my team are real smart, I get to learn something new every single day and I have already written code and checked it in! Awesome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! :) Glad it's working out well.

Graham said...

To new adventures and opportunities. Miss you guys.

Sonali said...

Thanx guys!!! I am really excited about this job, so I hope it keeps me motivated!
Graham - We all miss you too! When are you coming to ATL for a visit?